Friday, May 15, 2009

Lots of Quilts and Zero Politics

Travelogue by Sandy

My flight to New York left from Las Vegas last Monday morning at 7:05, and since then I haven't watched a news or opinion show on TV, I haven't listened to any talk radio programs, nor have I read a newspaper or any political news on the Internet. I have conflicted emotions. On one hand it's nice to pretend that our country isn't going to the dogs and to just go about my day in oblivion. On the other hand I know what the political climate in this country is, but I also know that Edie's keeping a close eye on it for me. I'll get all caught up on politics when I get back to Henderson next Monday. In the meantime, I'm going to continue to be politically oblivious for the rest of the week.

My sister must be here with me in spirit.

Today Callie, Callie's mother-in-law, Claudia, and I went to a quilt show. What an amazing display of quilting talent. The quilt below was an award winner.
These are just a few more of the quilts that were on display.





There's an awful lot of work and time that goes into these quilts. They are truly works of art.

After the quilt show we went to lunch at a cute little restaurant in Buffalo called Betty's. Good food again and this time it was even healthyish. We then went on to another quilt shop in Kenmore to see if we could find a couple of purse patterns that we saw at the show. No luck--I'll order them online. We didn't take the time to see the antiques--we left Callie's home this morning around 10:00 and didn't get home until 4:30 this afternoon, so it was a long day.

I just heard Callie on the phone ordering chicken finger pizza from Bozanna's for dinner tonight. Mmmmmm. I'll eat a slice for you, Edie.

No comments: