Thursday, May 14, 2009

More Fun in New York

Travelogue by Sandy

Today Callie and I went to two more quilt shops and a couple of shoe stores--we knew we were in for a good day. However, below is a picture of the weather in which we were driving this morning. Ever since the very rainy day in 1995 when my truck hydroplaned and slammed into the center divider of the freeway with my son, Paul, and me inside, driving or being a passenger in a car in heavy rain makes me a tad nervous. Below is a picture of the weather in which we were driving this morning.

I remember when Edie was on her mission in Wisconsin. She said that the locals always said, "if you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes. It will change." Callie says the same is true for Western New York. This afternoon the sun is shining and there's nary a cloud in the sky.
Edie and I noticed last summer while we were traveling that churches in the Midwest and Eastern part of the United States sometimes have interesting signage on their properties. I had to take a picture of a sign Callie and I saw today.


I'm not sure if The Frankfurters are the name of the band or a menu item.
We had another great lunch today at Ilio DiPaulo's Italian Restaurant. I don't think I've had a hunger pang since I've been here.
We're pretty pooped this afternoon. Tomorrow we're going to a quilt and antique show, two things on my favorites list; so I'm anticipating that a good time will be had by all.

No comments: